Flu linked to deaths of 4 children in NJ
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — Health officials say the flu has been linked to the deaths of four children in New Jersey this flu season.
Testing showed a 12-year-old girl in Bergen County, who died in January, had influenza.
Health Department spokeswoman Donna Leusner tells The Record newspaper (http://bit.ly/SEmYeE ) the girl had underlying medical conditions that made her more vulnerable to complications of the flu.
Officials also linked influenza to the deaths of a 14-year-old boy in Ocean County and an 8-month-old boy in Camden. Both had underlying conditions.
No other conditions were found in a 14-year-old boy in Westfield who died on the flu.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort