Flu shot clinic offered in Oklahoma City during National Influenza Vaccination Week
The flu season has started early, officials say.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said this year's flu season is starting earlier and hitting harder than it has in nearly a decade. The CDC and Oklahoma City Indian Clinic offered free flu shots Wednesday to the public at Mark Twain Elementary School for National Influenza Vaccination Week, a national observance established to highlight the importance of influenza vaccination. This year's National Influenza Vaccination Week started Sunday and runs through Saturday.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81703Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31891Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29684Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24698Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8257Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7616Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7442Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday