Flu shot clinic offered in Oklahoma City during National Influenza Vaccination Week
The flu season has started early, officials say.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said this year's flu season is starting earlier and hitting harder than it has in nearly a decade. The CDC and Oklahoma City Indian Clinic offered free flu shots Wednesday to the public at Mark Twain Elementary School for National Influenza Vaccination Week, a national observance established to highlight the importance of influenza vaccination. This year's National Influenza Vaccination Week started Sunday and runs through Saturday.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates