Flyers forward Hartnell sidelined with broken foot
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Philadelphia Flyers forward Scott Hartnell is expected to miss four to eight weeks because of a broken left foot.
Hartnell, an All-Star last season, was injured by a shot taken by teammate Kimmo Timonen in Tuesday's game against New Jersey. Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren made the announcement before Thursday night's game against the New York Rangers.
Hartnell had one point in three games. He led the Flyers with 37 goals last season and had 67 points.
The Flyers are still without forward Danny Briere (broken left wrist). Holmgren says it's 50-50 Briere will be available for this weekend's games at Florida and Tampa Bay.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20548Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16464Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11845Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11178Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9890Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9386OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures