ORA names 2013 leadership winners,
2012 award winners
NewsOK Related Articles
The Oklahoma Restaurant Association held its annual meeting earlier this month at the Civic Center Music Hall where it named 2012 Culinary Excellence Awards and its 2013 leadership team.
Award recipients included: Restaurant Hall of Fame Award: Mexicali Border Cafe, Tulsa; Stables Cafe, Guthrie; Bill's Fish House, Waurika; Freddie's BBQ & Steakhouse, Sapulpa; Hamburger King, Shawnee.
Individual Hall of Fame Award: Ken Selby (posthumously), Mazzio's Pizza, Tulsa; Tony Salas, Salas Mexican Restaurant, Lawton; James Fidler, Fidler Marketing, Oklahoma City.
50-Year Member Recognition: Cusack Wholesale Meat Company, Oklahoma City
Hot New Concept Award: Health Nut Cafe, Oklahoma City; The Garage, Edmond/Norman; Hollie's FlatIron Steakhouse, Moore; Gabriella's Italian Grill and Pizzeria, Oklahoma City; Flint, Oklahoma City; Local, Norman; Kitchen 324, Oklahoma City.
ProStart Mentor of the Year: Sam Bracken, The Canebrake, Wagoner.
ProStart Teacher of the Year: Melody Hunter, Autry Technology Center, Enid.
The meeting also included the installment of the 2013 board of directors, which includes the following: executive committee: chairman, Kathy Bondy, The French Hen, Tulsa; vice chairman/treasurer, Kim McLendon, Emerging Brands, Oklahoma City; and 2nd vice chairman, Dennis Patrick, Clanton's Cafe, Vinita.
Hiland names awards finalists
LISLE, Ill. — Quality Chekd Dairies announced the selection of both Hiland Dairy and its ice cream division — Hiland Ice Cream Company — as finalists for the 2013 Irving B. Weber Distinguished Award for Quality Excellence. Named for Quality Chekd's first board president, the invitation-only Weber Award is modeled after the esteemed Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
The Irving B. Weber Award recognizes those member dairies that have earned the highest annual scores from Quality Chekd in the areas of production quality, business ethics and leadership, customer satisfaction, marketing communications and staff development. Quality Chekd, a member-owned organization of independent dairy processors, will announce the winner at its 2013 QCS Leadership Conference April 21-24 at the Hilton Riverside Hotel in New Orleans.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients