Food Dude recipe: Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Bars cookie recipe.
Food Dude: Alison Estus brought this recipe adapted from Martha Stewart to the Food Dude's cookie exchange for Santa.
Videoview all videos
Dec 19There are cookies for those who finish all their supper,...
Photoview all 6 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
• Press dough evenly into prepared pans and bake until lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
• While dough bakes, make the chocolate caramel. Place chocolate morsels in a medium glass bowl. Heat granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, washing sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from forming, until amber, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat to add butter, cream and table salt. Return to heat just until boiling, stirring until smooth. Pour over chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes. Stir to combine and let stand until cool, about 10 minutes.
• Pour mixture over crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Lift bottoms out of pans to remove entire bar (or lift parchment paper). Sprinkle with sea salt. Cut into bars.
• Bars can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
• Source: Adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe by Alison Estus.