1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup butter, softened
1 cup eggnog
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Extra nutmeg for icing
• Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
• Cream sugars and butter until light. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.
• Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Bake 8 to10 minutes. Cool on rack. Once cooled, drizzle eggnog icing over the cookie and sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
SOFT AND CHEWY GINGERBREAD COOKIES WITH EGGNOG ICING
3 cups flour
2 teaspoon ginger, ground
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ground
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup molasses
¼ cup sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
• Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light
• Add molasses, egg and vanilla; beat well.
• Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
• Press dough into a thick, flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar.
• Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool. Drizzle with eggnog icing.
• Source: Nichole Moisant.