Santa's added food to his bag of toys.
Editor's note: The Food Dude steps aside this week for a special columnist from the Far North who is an expert in gift-giving.
The Food Dude steps aside this week for a special columnist from the Far North who is an expert in gift-giving.
When I was asked by the Food Dude to give food-related gift-giving advice, my first question was how could someone who has spent so many years on the â€œnaughty listâ€ ask a favor of me? Then I wondered: Why exactly is he asking me? Is it for my gift-giving prowess, or is this his way of calling me fat?
Here up north, we give the benefit of the doubt. Plus, they say Christmas is a time for giving. Put those together, and you've got forgiving.
Consider us cool, dude.
Anyway, to do a good job, I hopped on a reindeer in training and spent the day visiting local food retailers. I found a lot of great options for food lovers. I'm a checklist kind of guy, so I've put one together that you'll find on Page 3D.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in