Football: Tulsa Washington's Dominique Alexander gets offer from Oklahoma
Tulsa Washington's Dominique Alexander is committed to Arkansas as a safety.
But the Razorbacks' uncertain coaching situation could make Alexander open to other offers.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Alexander landed a big one Tuesday, when he reported an offer from Oklahoma.
The Sooners are recruiting Alexander as a linebacker.
Alexander, No 12 on The Oklahoman's Super 30 list of the state's top recruits, also has offers from Kansas State, Oregon State, Texas Tech and Tulsa, among others.
Alexander is one of two state players committed to the Razorbacks, joining Edmond Santa Fe's Khari Harding.
Alexander becomes the fifth state player for the 2013 class to be offered by the Sooners. Each of the other four — Tulsa Union's Dalton Rodriguez, Jenks' Jordan Smallwood, Tulsa East Central's Stanvon Taylor and Southmoore's D.J. Ward — have committed to OU.
UNBEATENS TO MEET AT CRESCENT
A pair of unbeaten Class A teams will meet up when No. 7 Crescent hosts No. 8 Cashion Thursday night.
And the matchup pits two of the top passers in Class A, with Crescent's Preston Walker and Cashion's Ty Reasnor.
Walker has completed 107 of 152 passes for 1,416 yards with 20 touchdowns and five interceptions, while Reasnor is 76-of-120 for 1,208 yards with 15 TDs and one interception.
WOOD, JELLEY NAMED ALL-AMERICANS
Edmond North junior Hayden Wood and Jenks senior Brendon Jelley have been named honorable mention Rolex Junior All-Americans by the American Junior Golf Association.
Wood had two top-five finishes, finishing second at the Under Armour/Hunter Mahan Championship, and tied for fifth at the Western Junior Championship. He is currently No. 36 in the Polo Golf Rankings.
Jelley, who is committed to Oklahoma State, is No. 48 in the Polo Golf Rankings.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad