Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
For fall, mix sexy and sweet, sophisticated and glamorous
By Linda Miller | Published: August 20, 2012 | Modified: August 21, 2012 at 11:58 am
September is the month women allow themselves to get serious and excited about fall fashion.
“Oh how I love the true break of seasons in Oklahoma,” said Angela Crawford, owner of Closet Moxie in Shoppes at Northpark. “With fall's arrival, I am revived by the chill in the air and the rustle of colored leaves in the wind, but what really gets me revved up is having the perfect reason to make a change in my wardrobe.”
Fall brings so many choices, including leather, reptile prints, winter white, peplums, oxblood, lace, menswear and military touches, gold and a nod to Kate Middleton's clean and tailored style.
Learn to love leather
“I am in love with leather for fall,” Crawford said. “Whether you go all out or just add a touch, leather adds a power-packed punch to any outfit.
“Leather and especially faux leather have come a long way from the tough biker jackets. Today, faux leather is much more realistic, and even real leather has a lot more options with a suppleness that allows for feminine silhouettes and is wearable by all.”
Not sure about a leather skirt or dress? Try a high-waisted skirt with a leather band at the hem.
“I love the contradiction of textile and design with this combo — feminine, girlie, toughie and biker all mixed together,” Crawford said. “Pull it off by adding a pop of color and a classic trench with complementing sueded texture. Can you say bombshell?”
Mixing and matching
Each season brings the opportunity to look at clothes in a new way, and this fall is no different.
“I am all about the subtle flirtation of refined classic shapes mixed up with new textures and colors,” Crawford said.
Lace may seem sweet, but mold it into a black pencil skirt enhanced against a nude backdrop, and that skirt has gone from sweet and demure to sexy.
“The trend of restraint dressing in this manner turns primness into an aura of sexiness with deeply textured fabrics and slim silhouettes that show off a woman's curves without showing an inch of skin,” she said.