For Romney, all five GOP U.S. House candidates, all six state questions
NewsOK Related Articles
SQ 765 would eliminate the Department of Human Services commission and place the DHS agency director, who will be a gubernatorial appointee requiring Senate confirmation, in full charge of the agency. Vote yes on this major restructuring of the largest component of state government.
SQ 766 would exempt all intangible personal property from property tax. Because “intangible” property includes everything from copyrights to licenses, Oklahomans could pay as much as $60 million in increased taxes if SQ 766 fails. Vote yes to avoid a system that would repel economic growth.
The state's three Republican incumbents — Frank Lucas (3rd District), Tom Cole (4th) and James Lankford (5th) — deserve another term. For the two open seats in eastern Oklahoma, the Republican nominees deserve to win. They are Jim Bridenstine (1st District) and Markwayne Mullin (2nd).
In the Oklahoma County sheriff's race, we support Democratic incumbent John Whetsel, who is seeking a fifth term.
Depending on your age and your values, this may not be the most important election in your lifetime. What's truly important is your participation. Oklahoma isn't a battleground state in the presidential election, and Obama may again lose in all 77 counties. But Tuesday's ballot doesn't begin and end with the presidential race.
Vote as if this really is the most important election in your lifetime. It could prove to be just that.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 35659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30844Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14359Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7518Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6442OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3625College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3531Student shot dead during botched home invasion