Former KREF sportscaster Amy Lawrence jumps to CBS Sports Radio Network
Lawrence had worked almost nine years at ESPN Radio
Former KREF-AM 1400 sportscaster Amy Lawrence has jumped to the new CBS Sports Radio Network after almost nine years at ESPN Radio. Lawrence, 38, a Concord, N.H., native, will host shows 1-5 a.m. Saturday and Sunday and 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Sunday and Monday.
“I've always loved working nights and weekends because mine is the job to share and analyze events and stories as they break,” Lawrence wrote on her blog. “I enjoy the immediacy of the information, and I've spent years honing the ability to react in the moment.”
Lawrence, who was fired by KREF in February 2003 after working there 13 months, said the network also plans to use her to fill in for Dana Jacobson in the mornings and as a TV game analyst on several college basketball games.
CBS Sports Radio's weekday lineup for the network is as follows: Tiki Barber, Brandon Tierney and Dana Jacobson, 5-8 a.m.,; John Feinstein; 8-11 a.m.; Jim Rome, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; Doug Gottlieb, 2-5 p.m.; Chris Moore and Brian Jones, 5-9 p.m., Scott Ferrall, 9 p.m.-1 a.m.; Damon Amendolara, 1-5 a.m.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?