Former Muskogee County juvenile detention worker faces sex charge
A woman recently fired from her job at a juvenile detention center in Muskogee County was charged with lewd molestation after a 15-year-old girl who had been detained at the center was found in the woman's bedroom.
MUSKOGEE — A former Muskogee County juvenile detention worker was being held in jail Wednesday after being charged with sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl, authorities said.
Nancy Kaye Scraper, 39, of Muskogee, is charged in Muskogee County District Court with lewd molestation, a felony.
She is also charged with two misdemeanor counts of harboring a runaway child.
Scraper was terminated from her position with the Muskogee County Regional Juvenile Center in August, said Joe Washington, director of the center.
“She had contact with the female after the juvenile left the center,” Washington said, referring to the 15-year-old victim.
A photograph on Scraper's cellphone of her and the juvenile kissing was sent to a state Department of Human Services employee located in Wilburton, according to an arrest affidavit.
Deputies found the victim and another juvenile in Scraper's bedroom on July 27, the affidavit states.
The two teens were reported missing on July 16 and had been staying with Scraper since running away from their foster home, the affidavit states.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes