Former NFL player David Boston gets 6 months
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Former NFL wide receiver David Boston has been sentenced to six months in jail and five years of probation for punching a woman last year.
His attorney, Guy Fronstin, confirmed that the 34-year-old Boston was sentenced Friday. He pleaded guilty to aggravated battery last month. Fronstin says his client has turned his life around and been fully committed to treatment since his arrest.
Authorities say Boston had been drinking at a Boca Raton home in November 2011 when he punched a woman twice in the head, leaving a wound requiring 10 stiches.
Boston played at Ohio State and went to the Pro Bowl with the Arizona Cardinals in 2001. He also played for San Diego and Miami before injuries and legal problems ended his NFL career.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad