Former Oklahoma funeral director accused of misusing funds
SAPULPA — A former director of two funeral homes was charged Thursday with embezzlement, accused of misusing trust funds for prepaid burial plans, authorities said.<
SAPULPA — A former director of two funeral homes was charged Thursday with embezzlement, accused of misusing trust funds for prepaid burial plans, authorities said.
Randy Brogdon, a deputy in the agency's Anti-Fraud Unit, said Ronald C. Schumacher has been in trouble before. He said complaints filed against him two years ago also alleged mishandling of trust fund money. That case involved 80 people and about $100,000, Brogdon said. Of that, he said, about $40,000 was missing, and Schumacher made restitution.
Ronald C. Schumacher, 61, of Bristow, was charged in Creek and Okfuskee counties. He was in Creek County jail Thursday, with bail set at $45,000.
Schumacher operated Schumacher Funeral Homes in Bristow and Okemah.Click here to read the complete article at Tulsaworld.com
See our commenting and posting policy.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort