Former Oklahoma, Oklahoma State stars help spark Dallas Cowboys' run
Dez Bryant has been one of the NFL's top receivers the past two months. DeMarco Murray has helped Dallas re-establish its ground game. Kicker Dan Bailey is booting game-winning field goals. Even rookie tight end James Hanna is contributing.
“You enjoy those moments,” Bailey said. “It's rare when you get those opportunities. The more chances you have to go out and help the team the better. It's always fun to put the final points on the board.”
Bailey has made 27 of 29 field goals. His only two misses have been over 50 yards. He's been so consistent Dallas coach Jason Garrett contemplated letting Bailey attempt a 61-yarder late in regulation against the Steelers. Garrett ultimately decided it was too much of a field position risk.
“There was a pretty good breeze coming in,” Bailey said. “I was hitting them pretty good during pregame from pretty far back. I was confident. But given the situation with (32 seconds) on the clock I understand the decision we made. That was the right call.”
Hanna, a rookie from OU, has been active for all 14 games but had only two receptions all season before he hauled in two catches for 45 yards to spark a touchdown drive against Pittsburgh.
“I've been practicing pretty well for a while now and have played consistently on the scout team,” Hanna said. “I hope to stay involved but it's always whatever is best for this team moving forward.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13287Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12869OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11351Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10099Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8083Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5913Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5414Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers