Former Oklahoma State cornerback Justin Gilbert continues to rack up postseason accolades. Even some of the “fun” variety.
Gilbert won the Skechers GoRun Hands Competition at the Quicken Loans All-Star Football Challenge Tuesday in Dallas.
Gilbert finished with a time of 22.61 seconds, beating Florida’s Marcus Robinson (23.64 seconds) and Alabama’s Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (24.32 seconds).
Gilbert also finished second in the team competition (62.95 seconds), alongside Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd, BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy, Texas A&M offensive lineman Jake Matthews and Tulane kicker Cairo Santos.
Gilbert, a consensus All-American and Thorpe Award finalist, tallied seven interceptions (including two returned for touchdowns) and is projected by ESPN NFL Draft guru Mel Kiper to be a top-10 pick.
Skechers GoRun Hands Competition
1. Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State (22.61 seconds)
2. Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida (23.64 seconds)
3. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama (24.32 seconds)
4. Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State (27.78 seconds)
Quicken Loans Team Competition
1. Fales, Roberson, Mosley, Nix, Fera (62.34 seconds)
2. Boyd, Gilbert, Van Noy, Matthews, Santos (62.95 seconds)
3. Thomas, Clinton-Dix, Seastrunk, Hageman, Boswell (68.89 seconds)