Former Oklahoma State University student pleads not guilty to fourth sexual battery charge
Former Oklahoma State University student Nathan Cochran pleaded not guilty to a fourth sexual battery charge Monday. Cochran faces charges for three incidents in which he is accused of targeting male students while they slept.
STILLWATER — Former Oklahoma State University student Nathan Cochran on Monday pleaded not guilty to a fourth sexual battery charge.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Cochran appeared in Payne County District Court on Monday morning. Cochran's attorney said his client is innocent of the charges against him, and questioned the accusations three men brought against Cochran.
Cochran, 22, faces four counts of sexual battery in connection with three incidents where he is accused of targeting male students while they slept. Those incidents occurred between Nov. 3, 2011, and Aug. 15, 2012, according to court documents.
Cochran pleaded not guilty to the three previous charges in December.
His next scheduled court appearance is at 10 a.m. March 4.
The newest charge alleges Cochran placed his hands on a male victim's leg and lower back and attempted to place his hands in the man's pants without the man's consent while the man tried to sleep.
The man also told police Cochran told him he wanted to know what it was like to be with a man sexually, according to the charge.
John Coyle, Cochran's attorney, said he was concerned by “interrelationships” among Cochran's accusers. None of the three men is named in court documents.
Coyle said he also found it suspicious that at least one of the men waited more than a year before contacting police about the alleged incident.
“It's a very interesting case,” Coyle said.
One of the incidents took place Nov. 3, 2011, according to court documents. In that case, a man told police Cochran groped him while he was asleep.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 83827Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81813Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34696Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 28482Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 15922Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12591Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 8828Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman