Former OSU star Justin Blackmon pleads not guilty to aggravated DUI
STILLWATER — Former Oklahoma State star wide receiver Justin Blackmon entered a plea of not guilty on an aggravated DUI charge at the Payne County Courthouse Monday afternoon.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Blackmon, who was selected fifth overall by the Jacksonville Jaguars in April’s NFL Draft, will next appear in court on July 24 at 10:30 a.m. The Jaguars begin training camp on July 27.
Blackmon was arrested in Stillwater early Sunday morning after he was stopped in a while Chevy Tahoe going 60 miles per hour in a 35 mph zone around 3 a.m., according to the police report. He was driving left of center and failed to yield for four blocks, until pulling into a gas station near Perkins and McElroy Road.
Blackmon was observed to have alcohol on his breath and admitted to consuming alcohol before driving, the police report said. He also had slurred speech and was unsteady on his feet.
Blackmon was then arrested and taken to Stillwater City jail. There he blew a .24 on a breathalyzer test, which is well above the legal limit. An aggravated DUI in Oklahoma is when the driver has a blood alcohol content above .15.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say