Former OSU star Justin Blackmon pleads not guilty to aggravated DUI
STILLWATER — Former Oklahoma State star wide receiver Justin Blackmon entered a plea of not guilty on an aggravated DUI charge at the Payne County Courthouse Monday afternoon.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Blackmon, who was selected fifth overall by the Jacksonville Jaguars in April’s NFL Draft, will next appear in court on July 24 at 10:30 a.m. The Jaguars begin training camp on July 27.
Blackmon was arrested in Stillwater early Sunday morning after he was stopped in a while Chevy Tahoe going 60 miles per hour in a 35 mph zone around 3 a.m., according to the police report. He was driving left of center and failed to yield for four blocks, until pulling into a gas station near Perkins and McElroy Road.
Blackmon was observed to have alcohol on his breath and admitted to consuming alcohol before driving, the police report said. He also had slurred speech and was unsteady on his feet.
Blackmon was then arrested and taken to Stillwater City jail. There he blew a .24 on a breathalyzer test, which is well above the legal limit. An aggravated DUI in Oklahoma is when the driver has a blood alcohol content above .15.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17700Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8160OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6118Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5947OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4682Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4603Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater