Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Copyright ©2010. The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.Jarboe has twice been cited by university police. The sophomore was cited in January 2009 for misdemeanor harassment and earlier this year for disorderly conduct. “It was certainly a lot of buildup," Blakeney told The Dothan Eagle. "There were a couple of incidents since camp started that were the straws that broke the camel’s back." Blakeney didn't elaborate on the camp incidents. Jarboe came to Troy in 2008 after he was kicked off the Oklahoma team for making a profane Internet video that shows him rapping about guns and killing people. Blakeney says a couple of incidents occurred during preseason camp that led to his decision. Jarboe caught 15 passes for 248 yards and a touchdown last season.
Former OU signee Josh Jarboe dismissed from Troy football team
Jarboe was kicked off the Oklahoma team for making an Internet video that shows him rapping about guns and killing people. He will transfer to Northeast Mississippi Community College, where he can play this season.
TROY, Ala. — Troy wide receiver Josh Jarboe has been dismissed for violating team rules.Coach Larry Blakeney told The Dothan Eagle Friday the onetime Oklahoma signee will transfer to Northeast Mississippi Community College, where he can play this season.
Videoview all videos
Aug 1Jake Trotter, OU beat writer, and Scott Wright, OSU beat...
Aug 1Mike Sherman and Mike Koehler discuss OU receiver's...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81417Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31213Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29647Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8211Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7508Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7403Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday