Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
issue. ... I made a commitment to him personally, as well, that was meaningful to me and I hail to that commitment,” Bennett said Friday. An attorney for the current owners, as well as a spokesman, would not comment Tuesday night on the lawsuit. The current owners already face a federal trial in Seattle on June 16. The city of Seattle is trying to force them to play in Seattle for two more years, the length of the team's lease at KeyArena. The former owners point to e-mails as proof they were lied to. In one e-mail, the lawsuit alleges, Bennett “confided” to his co-owners two days before the sale that the Oklahoma City group could sell the team in a “sweet flip” if a new arena in Washington was approved. Bennett wrote the Oklahoma City group “would still be in good shape for something in OKC,” according to the lawsuit. Bennett already has said some of his e-mails have been misconstrued.
Former Sonics owners file lawsuit
News Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 98297Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16555OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13177Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8674Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8399Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8073How to help tornado victims
- 7770Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort