Former Stroud teacher, coach accused of lewd acts with teen
A woman who taught kindergarten and coached cheerleading in Stroud turned herself in Tuesday in Lincoln County after a warrant was issued on a complaint of lewd or indecent proposals or acts to a child under the age of 16.
STROUD — A former Stroud teacher has been accused of having an inappropriate relationship with a 15-year-old girl, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation reports.
Mandi Layne Guerrero, 34, turned herself in Tuesday at the Lincoln County jail after a warrant was issued on a complaint of lewd or indecent proposals or acts to a child under the age of 16, the OSBI reports.
Guerrero was a high school cheerleading coach and a kindergarten teacher in Stroud.
Stroud police were informed April 12 of an inappropriate relationship between Guerrero and the girl.
Stroud Schools Superintendent Joe Van Tuyl could not be reached for comment Tuesday.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister