Former UNC freshman Bannister enrolls at Florida
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Florida has announced the addition of former North Carolina guard Antoinette Bannister.
Bannister, a 5-foot-10 freshman from nearby Jacksonville, enrolled in classes this month and will be eligible to compete in December.
Bannister, who left North Carolina last semester to be closer to her ailing mother, played in eight games for the Tar Heels this season. She averaged 4.3 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.0 assists while playing 8.6 minutes a game.
Bannister says her mom got sick in October, had surgery last Thursday and is "doing pretty good." She adds that she's glad to be closer to home.
Bannister played prep ball at The Potter's House Christian Academy, where she was coached by her father, and set the state of Florida's all-time prep scoring record with 4,758 points.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister