Former worker at Edmond retirement center is charged with stealing from resident
Jennifer K. Lases, 40, of Yukon, is accused of taking $600 in cash and a credit card out of a purse belonging to an 89-year-old resident of an assisted living center where she worked, and buying nearly $325 worth of gift cards with the stolen card.
Lases had been suspended without pay since police began investigating the theft, Ridgeway said, adding that the incident was isolated.
“It's been a shock for all of us,” she said.
Several Copper Lake employees, including Ridgeway, were interviewed by police, and identified Lases as the person seen in a pharmacy video using the victim's credit card to make two purchases on Sept. 12, according to the affidavit.
Lases denied stealing from the patient, and told detectives “I would never do something like that,” and “I don't remember.” She did, however, identify herself when detectives showed her a still photo from the video.
Lases is not in custody. She could not be reached for comment.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15918Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8813OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5669Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5503OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4833Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater