Former worker at Edmond retirement center is charged with stealing from resident
Jennifer K. Lases, 40, of Yukon, is accused of taking $600 in cash and a credit card out of a purse belonging to an 89-year-old resident of an assisted living center where she worked, and buying nearly $325 worth of gift cards with the stolen card.
A former director of assisted living for an Edmond retirement facility is accused of stealing cash and a credit card from an 89-year-old patient's purse during a fire drill, authorities said.
Jennifer Kennedy Lases, 40, of Yukon, was charged Thursday in Oklahoma County District Court with exploitation of an elderly person or disabled adult and second-degree burglary, court papers show.
Lases is accused of taking $600 and a credit card out of the woman's purse and then charging more than $300 worth of gift cards at an Edmond pharmacy, according to a probable cause affidavit.
The resident, police said, was unable to retrieve her purse during a fire drill and found the cash and credit cards missing when she returned to her room.
The victim's daughter notified Edmond police in September after she saw two unauthorized charges on her mother's credit card bill.
Lases was fired Wednesday from Copper Lake Estates, 1229 Lakeshore Drive, where she worked for a year as director of assisted living, a spokeswoman said Thursday.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15772Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12083Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10914OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9909Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9575Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8649Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8648Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated