Former WWE wrestler arrested 5th time in weeks
BRANFORD, Conn. (AP) — A former WWE wrestler has been arrested in Connecticut for a fifth time in weeks on charges stemming from domestic violence cases.
Branford police say 39-year-old Tamara Sytch (STICH), known in the ring as "Sunny," was arrested Monday when officers say they found her drunk and asleep in her former home. A court order banned her from being in the Branford residence.
Police said she was arrested when she returned again Tuesday to the same home.
Sytch was arrested three times in September on charges including third-degree strangulation, disorderly conduct and violating a protective order. The Monday charges include third-degree criminal mischief.
WWE says Sytch was last under contract in 1998. It said after her arrests last month that it paid for three rehabilitation stints for her and will continue to help her if she wants it.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit