Four Fantastic Fountains You Can Make Yourself
Beautiful fountains look like they cost thousands. It turns out that while some do, quite a few do not. You don't have to be a professional plumber to plumb a fountain yourself (although with certain designs, you will need some advanced skills). In fact, some fountains do not need to be hooked up to a water source; you simply fill them with water and they recycle that water. From old tea pots to empty wine bottles, you can build a fountain yourself.
DIY wine bottle fountain: Donna from Funky Junk Interiors built the DIY wine bottle fountain that I've featured. it's built from a few empty wine bottles, a fountain pump, a vessel, and fasteners. It's a honky-tonk, funky-junk fountain that is great fun for DIY crafters.
Terracotta fountain: You can find step-by-step instructions for making a terracotta fountain on the blog Flying Kitten. You'll need several terracotta pots, waterproof tape, small rocks, a level and a fountain pump to make this project. It's worth the investment in materials (unless, of course, you have these things already in your garage). This fountain will give you that organic sound of water running that people crave to hear.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister