Fran Fraschilla replaces Bob Knight on ESPN's “Big Monday” telecasts
Knight will work SEC games with Rece Davis
ESPN has moved Bob Knight from its “Big Monday” Big 12 telecasts to Thursday night SEC telecasts. Fran Fraschilla will join Brent Musburger and reporter Holly Rowe on the Big Monday telecasts.
NewsOK Related Articles
Fraschilla, who handled “Big Monday” games from 2004 to 2009, also will work ESPN's Big 12 telecasts on Saturdays with Jon Sciambi. Bob Wischusen and Stephen Bardo will call the league's Wednesday night games.
Knight, a former Indiana and Texas Tech coach, will work with Rece Davis on the SEC games.
Basketball Hall of Famer Bill Walton will rejoin ESPN as a college basketball analyst, primarily working Wednesday and Thursday Pac-12 telecasts with Dave Pasch.
— Dave Barnett, who was pulled off Texas Rangers TV broadcasts after a mental meltdown during a June 18 telecast, will not return to the broadcasts. The Rangers have announced that Steve Busby, who replaced Barnett as the TV voice, will return with analyst Tom Grieve. Eric Nadel and Matt Hicks will be back as the radio team. Hicks joined the radio team after Busby moved over to TV. They both have agreed to new multiyear deals. Despite going through a battery of tests, Barnett told The Dallas Morning News that he had no answer why he talked gibberish for 15 seconds during the June broadcast.
— Bob Brenly has left WGN's Chicago Cubs broadcasts after eight seasons to return to the Arizona Diamondbacks as TV analyst. Steve Berthiaume, who had served as ESPN “Baseball Tonight” host, will handle the play-by-play. Brenly managed the Diamondbacks to the 2001 World Series championship.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17094Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9372Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9356Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6811Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6759Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6251Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit