Frankfurt, Hannover draw 0-0 in Bundesliga
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — Eintracht Frankfurt failed to score for a fifth straight match after drawing 0-0 at Hannover on Sunday to drop a spot to fifth place in the Bundesliga.
In the late match, Artjoms Rudnevs scored with a spectacular volley in the 50th minute to give Hamburger SV a 1-0 win in Stuttgart. Rudnevs connected with a cross from Dennis Diekmeier to drill the ball under the crossbar.
Stuttgart has lost seven of its past nine games to drop to 14th in the standings, while Hamburg moved up to sixth.
Eintracht and Hannover both had goal claims denied in snowy conditions that didn't allow fluid football.
Didier Ya Konan's shot was cleared off the line by Eintracht captain Pirmin Schwegler, and Hannover insisted the ball had crossed the line but the linesman dismissed the claims.
Eintracht midfielder Alexander Meier's shot was disallowed for what looked like a dubious offside decision.
Eintracht was bumped from fourth place on goal difference by Schalke, which beat Borussia Dortmund 2-1 in the Ruhr derby on Saturday.
Hannover had won its previous five home games. The team stayed 10th in the standings.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister