Frankfurt signs striker Srdan Lakic from Wolfsburg
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — Eintracht Frankfurt has signed Croatian striker Srdan Lakic from Bundesliga rival Wolfsburg.
Frankfurt says it has agreed to a loan deal for the 29-year-old Lakic until June 2014.
Lakic previously played for Hertha Berlin and Kaiserslautern before switching to Wolfsburg in 2011. He struggled to establish himself in Wolfsburg and played the second half of last season on loan at Hoffenheim. He has scored 16 goals in 68 Bundesliga games.
Frankfurt coach Armin Veh says "we're delighted that the transfer is finally sealed. In Lakic, we have signed a striker who is a good header of the ball and who fits perfectly with the profile of the team."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit