Free admission at Ky. History Center Sept. 29
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — The Kentucky History Center in Frankfort will participate in a nationwide effort promoting museums by offering free admission.
Museums across the country are opening for free on Sept. 29 as part of a Smithsonian Magazine promotion. Those who want to get into the Kentucky History Center for free that day must first register at http://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday .
The Kentucky History Center houses exhibits on the Civil War, Kentucky's governors and the story of Kentucky's development. Visitors can also tour the Old State Capitol.
For more information, visit http://www.history.ky.gov .
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction