Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
orge’s talents will serve this magazine well and carry it into the next phase of its life. You’ll still read my Food Dude columns and stories in these pages, and on newsok.com. It’s been nice getting to know you, nice to have a chance to reach back into my youth as I’m sucked into middle age kicking and screaming. For the last 12 months, I’ve been able to think as I did before mortgages, home equity, child-care, and suburban paunch became reality rather than punch-line. (Good news, I still haven’t mowed the lawn in dress socks.) It’s been a pleasure dusting off the part of me that couldn’t contain the chills up my spine when I read Jack Kerouac’s half-century-old proclamation from “On the Road”: “The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!” Thanks for the memories, and stay mad, kids.
From the top: What a short, strange trip it's been
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort