Frontier Country launches Oklahoma sports marketing cooperative
Frontier Country Marketing Association, a multi-county organization representing the 12 central counties in Oklahoma, recently launched a statewide sports marketing cooperative called GAMEPLAN OKLAHOMA to attract statewide, regional and national sports events to Oklahoma while promoting the state as an affordable sports-friendly destination.
“Through this cooperative effort, GAMEPLAN OKLAHOMA will allow towns of all sizes to increase their economic impact by bringing in and hosting sports events,” said Sherri Rogers, executive director of Frontier Country Marketing Association.
“Increased dollars to a community adds to its overall quality of life and produces positive exposure to its city.”
Frontier Country Marketing Association will serve as the umbrella organization for GAMEPLAN OKLAHOMA and will be funded by members who join the organization along with a variety of cooperative marketing projects.
Members will be able to showcase their cities and facilities through print and web advertising, sports industry trade shows and more. Members can consist of convention and visitors bureaus, cities, sports facilities, etc.
Stillwater Convention & Visitors Bureau’s Executive Director, Cristy Morrison said that as a new member of GAMEPLAN OKLHAOMA, they are looking forward to the ability to stretch their sales and marketing dollars, reach further into the sports market and essentially adding a quasi-staff person through the knowledgeable FCMA staff.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area