FTC hangs up on robocalls from ‘Rachel'
“Rachel from Cardholder Services” may not be calling you anymore.
A federal court order Thursday morning temporarily halted operations at five telemarketing firms that the Federal Trade Commission said illegally dialed up consumers with millions of prerecorded messages — often saying they were from “Rachel.”
“ ‘Rachel from Cardholder Services' is public enemy No. 1,” FTC Chairman Jon Leibowitz said in a statement.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in