Fugitive's rant puts focus on evolving LAPD legacy
LOS ANGELES — Fugitive former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner's claim in an online “manifesto” that his career was undone by racist colleagues conspiring against him comes at a time when it's widely held that the police department has evolved well beyond the troubled racial legacy of Rodney King and the O.J. Simpson trial.
Dorner, who is suspected in a string of vengeance killings, has depicted himself as a black man wronged, whose badge was unjustly taken in 2008 after he lodged a complaint against a white female...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater