Fun DIY Bird Feeder Ideas
With spring on the way, it's time to start crafting fun bird feeders to attract helpful birds to your yard. Some birds help to pollinate flowering and fruit-bearing plants, and some birds eat annoying pests. Birds are so important to a backyard ecosystem! Fortunately, building a bird feeder doesn't take much money, nor much skill. Of course, you could go big by buying a fancy bird house from a custom carpenter. However, if you simply want to attract birds to your backyard, a DIY bird feeder made from recycled materials will work just fine.
Plate and Spindle Bird Feeder: Danielle from 2 Little Superheroes, a DIY builder in Raleigh, made a dynamite little plate and spindle bird feeder out of wooden spindles and vintage plates. All you need is a hand saw, a spindle, a vintage plate, and some wood glue, to make your own lovely and effective bird feeder. In just a few minutes, you can treat your neighborhood birds to a birdie buffet.
Chicken Waterer Bird Feeder: How cool! Sheri S. posted her funky, fashionable bird feeder on Hometalk. Sherri purchased an old-fashioned chicken waterer at an estate sale, painted it a hip shade of chartreuse, and hung it up as a bird feeder. It's a clever, easy DIY project that you could do in an hour or two, plus drying time. If you've got an outdoor room, a bird feeder like this one in a coordinating color could add one more element to tie the room together.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 13578Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10346Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8794Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7680Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5623Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5418Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?