Funeral Saturday for ex-Red Wings announcer Lynch
WYANDOTTE, Mich. (AP) — A suburban Detroit church is site for the funeral of longtime Detroit Red Wings public address announcer Budd Lynch.
He died Tuesday at age 95.
Red Wings spokesman Todd Beam says a funeral Mass is scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Wyandotte.
Lynch served with the Essex Scottish Regiment during World War II and lost an arm in a rocket attack. He later joined the Wings as a broadcaster.
Lynch was public address announcer at Detroit's Joe Louis Arena for 25 years.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located