Furman (0-2) at No. 11 Clemson (2-0), 3:09 p.m. (Fox SportsNet)
Line: No line.
Series Record: Clemson leads 41-10-2
WHAT'S AT STAKE
Clemson is looking to start 3-0 for just the eighth time since 1960. Last year's Tigers started 8-0 before losing three of their final four regular-season games. Furman is hoping to avoid its first 0-3 start since 1979.
Clemson QB Tajh Boyd against Furman's secondary. The Tigers junior led the team to five touchdowns in the team's first six possessions in a 52-27 win against Ball State last week. Boyd was 19 of 23 for 229 yards and threw three TD passes to DeAndre Hopkins.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Furman: QB Reese Hannon is making his first start for injured passer Dakota Derrick. Hannon came in midway through Furman's loss, 47-45, triple overtime loss to Coastal Carolina and threw for 255 yards and four TDs. He'll be the first freshman to start at quarterback since 1997 when his cousin, Justin Hill, did it.
Clemson: WR Sammy Watkins is back in the lineup for the first time this season after serving a two-game suspension for his drug arrest in May. Watkins had an All-American season as a freshman with school single-season marks of 1,219 yards and 12 TDs receiving.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims