Ga. insurers to offer child-only policies in 2013
ATLANTA (AP) — State Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens has signed an order allowing insurance companies to begin selling individual policies for children next year.
Hudgens says people who are uninsured or whose employers do not offer coverage to dependents will be eligible to purchase the children's insurance policies.
He says legal guardians may also purchase the policies if they are insured by Medicare.
The open enrollment period runs from Jan. 1 through Jan. 31. Coverage for the plan is slated to begin March 1.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14121OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13945Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8893Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6932Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5880Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5330Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5280Student shot dead during botched home invasion