Galette gets 3-year deal to stay with Saints

Published on NewsOK Modified: March 9, 2013 at 1:52 pm •  Published: March 9, 2013
Advertisement
;

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Linebacker Junior Galette has agreed to a three-year contract to remain with the New Orleans Saints.

Galette reached terms with the team on Saturday. He had been set to become a restricted free agent next week.

Galette was originally signed by New Orleans in 2010 as an undrafted free agent out of Stillman College, where he finished his college career after being dismissed from Temple. Galette has said he was forced to leave Temple after a relative who was staying with him was implicated in a computer theft.

Soon after his latest contract was complete, Galette posted a message on his Twitter page, reading: "'Impossible is Possible' I said this 3 Yrs Ago When I Was (hash)UNDRAFTED And 4 Yrs Ago When I Was Thrown Out of (hash)TEMPLE."

Galette has appeared in 32 games as a defensive end with two starts for the Saints, which had been using a 4-3 defensive alignment. His quickness and agility made him a good fit for the Saints as a pass rusher from the outside. This coming season, the Saints are switching to a 3-4 formation under new defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, and the club said Galette will play linebacker.

In 2012, Galette appeared in 16 games with one start at left defensive end and finished with 22 tackles and a career-high five sacks.


Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    CDC: U.S. has first confirmed case of Ebola in Dallas
  2. 2
    Netflix to shake up movies with 'Crouching Tiger 2'
  3. 3
    Donald Trump Tricked Into Retweeting Serial Killer Pic
  4. 4
    'Transparent' on Amazon Prime, reviewed: It’s the fall’s best new show.
  5. 5
    Brits Unwittingly Give Up Firstborns for Free WiFi
+ show more