HISTORIC EARLY DAYS / OKLAHOMA CITY, OK / HOTELS:The Lee was the main hotel until it burned in August 1908. It was sold to the Huckins interests a few years before the fire and was known as the Lee Huckins. It was rebuilt immediately as the present day Huckins at Main street and Broadway. Published on 03/01/1953 in The Daily Oklahoman. The Lee Hotel, as it appeared in the summer of 1907 when the campaign was on for statewide prohibition. It served as the state Capitol in 1910. Published on 11/14/1982 in The Daily Oklahoman.