Madrid suburb chosen for Spain's EuroVegas resort - Article Photos 1/1

FILE - In this photo released by the Madrid Regional Government on May 6, 2012, CEO of Las Vegas Sands Corp. Sheldon Adelson, centre with sunglasses, talks with delegates while visiting Alcorcon on the outskirts of Madrid. Las Vegas Sands casinos and Madrid officials have chosen the town of Alcorcon on the outskirts of the Spanish capital as the site for the multi-billion dollar "EuroVegas" casino project, which authorities hope will bring much needed jobs and investment to the recession-wracked country. The announcement made Friday Feb. 8, 2013 stated that the entire project, initially comprising 12 hotels and six casinos, is to be finished by 2023 at an estimated cost of euro 22 billion. Las Vegas Sands is to fund 35 percent of the project. It is not clear where the remaining 65 percent will come from. Spain has a swollen deficit and 26 percent unemployment. (AP Photo/Comunidad de Madrid, File)