Shortly before the first-half buzzer sounded, Chandler and Thunder reserve center Nazr Mohammed got into a tussle underneath the Thunder basket and Chandler swung his leg at Mohammed. No foul was called.
* Dallas forward Dirk Nowitzki sank 24 of 24 free throws en route to 48 points in Game 1. In Game 2, he went 9 for 10, which included a miss with 36.7 second left that snapped his streak on consecutive makes at 39. During the regular season, Nowitzki averaged 6.1 free-throw attempts per game.
* Thunder coach Scott Brooks was particularly annoyed his team gave up 30 points in each of the last three quarters of Game 1. OKC was outscored 31-26 in the first quarter of Game 2 and then won the second quarter 33-26. In the entire second half, however, the Thunder defense yielded just 43 points total. "Our goal was to give up 20 a quarter," Maynor said.
* In its 121-112 loss Tuesday, the Thunder became the first team to score 100 points against the Mavericks in the playoffs. OKC broke the century mark again in Game 2.
* Dallas is now 9-3 in the playoffs and 7-1 at home. The Thunder is 9-5 overall and 6-1 at Oklahoma City Arena.
* Perkins has five technical fouls in the playoffs. A player is suspended for one game when he reaches seven technicals.
* The Mavericks had covered the betting line 15 straight games before losing Game 2.
Portland center LaMarcus Aldridge, seated in the second row behind the media, was asked at halftime how he would defend Nowitzki: "You can't. Not right now, anyway."