Gardening: Christopher Columbus exchanged plant materials around the world
Rodd Moesel explains how Christopher Columbus and his explorers swapped American plant materials with European plant materials, a practice many gardeners still embrace today.
Fall is one of the best times to spend in the garden, so I hope you will plant flowers, bulbs and trees, but also walk, sit and meditate in the great outdoors of your yard.
Rodd Moesel serves on the Oklahoma Horticulture Industrial Council and the Oklahoma State University agriculture dean's advisory committee. He is former president of the Oklahoma Greenhouse Growers. Email garden and landscape questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims