Gas leak alarm sounds at Midwest City hospital
Midwest City Fire Chief Randy Olsen said hazmat crews are investigating a gas leak alarm at Midwest Regional Medical Center.
An alarm for a gas leak went off at Midwest Regional Medical Center causing hazmat crews to investigate.
Christa Copeland, the marketing coordinator for Midwest Regional, said the alarm that went off around 2:30 p.m. was precautionary and that no patients have been evacuated.
“Nothing has been spilled and there is no evacuation,” she said. “No one is danger and Midwest City Fire Department is investigating.”
Midwest City Fire Chief Randy Olsen said they were investigating outside one of the surgical units.
“There are small cylinders (of ethylene oxide) outside one of the rooms,” he said. “They are doing recon work to see if there was a leak.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins