Gay's 27 points leads Memphis past Real Madrid
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Rudy Gay scored 27 points, Marc Gasol added 16 points and 16 rebounds to lead the Memphis Grizzlies to a 105-93 victory over Real Madrid in a preseason game Saturday night.
Mike Conley added 18 points and eight assists for Memphis, which shot 56 percent for the game, including Gay going 11 for 18 from the field. Zach Randolph had 12 points, and Quincy Pondexter finished with 10 points.
Rudy Fernandez led Real Madrid with 16 points and Nikola Mirotic had 14 points and seven rebounds. Jaycee Carroll scored 11 points, and Sergio Rodriguez had eight points and 10 assists.
Memphis led by as many as 16 in the game, including 87-71 entering the fourth. Real Madrid cut the lead to five on two occasions, the last time coming at 93-88 with 4:35 left. Memphis then went on a 12-1 run to seal the game.
The Grizzlies led 62-47 at the half after shooting 59 percent.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater