Share “General says Oklahoma club off-limits to...”

General says Oklahoma club off-limits to soldiers

LAWTON — The commanding general at Fort Sill says soldiers can no longer visit a nightclub where a double-homicide occurred last month.

BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Published: February 7, 2013
Advertisement

LAWTON — The commanding general at Fort Sill says soldiers can no longer visit a nightclub where a double-homicide occurred last month.

Maj. Gen. Mark McDonald said soldiers must stay away from the Platinum Gentlemen's Club, where a soldier and another man died Jan. 20. Investigators have said 20-year-old Pfc. Jamar Mitchell died after being shot four times, and 28-year-old George Whitney II was shot dead by a security guard. It wasn't clear whether the men had an altercation or whether Mitchell was a bystander.

Another shooting was reported at the club last July.

A local newspaper reported McDonald said he was placing the club off-limits in an effort to protect the “health, welfare and safety” of his personnel. The order covers personnel assigned to Fort Sill permanently, temporarily or administratively.

NewsOK.com has disabled the comments for this article.

AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Facebook Takes a Step Into Education Software
  2. 2
    50 incredible bars you should drink at in your lifetime
  3. 3
    Kim Davis is a Democrat. Why does that matter?
  4. 4
    Watch Oklahoma's top mental health officer dress, dance as Michael Jackson
  5. 5
    Tahlequah police tighten patrols in response to high-profile cases of violence toward officers
+ show more

FEATURED JOBS



× Trending crime Article