George Mason coach Porter resigns after 5 seasons
FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) — George Mason women's basketball coach Jeri Porter has resigned after five seasons at the school.
Athletic director Tom O'Connor announced Friday that Porter is leaving.
Mason went 9-21 this season, including 4-14 in the Colonial Athletic Association.
Porter's record was 51-100 over five seasons. She previously coached at Radford and North Alabama.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister