Georgetown scores late to beat Lafayette 20-17
EASTON, Pa. (AP) — Nick Campanella scored a late rushing touchdown to help Georgetown rally to beat Lafayette 20-17 Saturday night.
After a first half in which both teams traded field goals, Lafayette (5-3, 2-1) took the lead when Andrew Shoop found Mark Ross for a 6-yard touchdown pass. Lafayette led at halftime 10-6.
Kyle Nolan found Jo'el Kimpela for a 5-yard touchdown and go-ahead score late in the third quarter, but the Hoyas relinquished the lead early in the fourth when Shoop connected with Greg Kessel for a 36-yard touchdown, making it 17-13.
With 5:08 left in the fourth quarter, Campanella's 2-yard touchdown run gave the Hoyas (4-5, 1-2 Patriot League) the lead for good.
The Leopards failed to make another run as Cameron Gamble intercepted Shoop on their last possession to seal the victory.
With its first conference win, Georgetown has now won three straight against Lafayette.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say